Friday, September 21, 2012

It's officially fall!

I love when I can put on a cozy sweater and breathe in the cool, crisp air.  I love the color of the trees.  I love the anticipation of the holidays.  I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  I love when the days get shorter.  I love snuggling up and watching movies.  I love when you can finally build a fire.

Since there aren't many trees to look at I figure I would post some from previous years...
  
Brian Head, Utah

St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin

Last night I made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies... YUM!

Here is the recipe:

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg

2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk

1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet)

*Mix first four ingredients together.  In a separate bowl, add the next four ingredients together.  Dissolve baking soda into milk and add to flour mixture.  Combine both mixtures and add vanilla and chocolate chips.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Growing up, we would make these in the fall.  When I moved to Minnesota nobody had ever heard of them.  If you have never had these delicious cookies, do yourself a favor and make them now!

Here are some bonus pictures I took today!

Charlie walking Dad to school!

Charlie walking Dad to school!

Charlie walking Dad to school!



4 comments:

  1. She is sooo cute! Those trees are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of syd! And of course Charlie is so cute! I bet central park will be beautiful once the leaf's start to fall. And is that why your in new York, so ben can go to school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ben is going to Columbia. I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!

      Delete
  3. I'll have to send you some pics of the leaves this year- we drove up the other weekend and they are starting to get beautiful! I love this time of year too!

    ReplyDelete