Wednesday, September 26, 2012

NYC bucket list!

This is what I have so far!  I came to NYC quite a few years ago around Christmas and already experienced a few of these, but I wanted to do them as a family.  Does anyone have any suggestions of things we should add to our list?  

1. Liberty Island- Statue of Liberty
2. Ellis Island
3. Coney Island
4. Staten Island
5. Empire State Building
6. Museum of Modern Art
7. American Museum of Natural History
8. Metropolitan Museum of Art
9. Museum of Sex
10. Ground Zero
11. Rockefeller Center
12. Rockefeller Ice Skating Rink/Christmas Tree
13. Holiday Windows
14. Strawberry Fields in Central Park
15. Carousel in Central Park
16. Grand Central Terminal
17. Broadway Show

Last week a couple of our friends flew into Long Island for the PJ Rodeo. The first night here, they took the train into the city and we went to dinner at Bettalona... of course I forgot my camera!  John came back on Sunday to spend the day with us, so we decided to take a stroll through Central Park to see Strawberry Fields.  My dad introduced my siblings and I to good music early in life and The Beatles became one of my favorite bands.  

Walking into the park

Having a picnic




Teaching John how to use the moby wrap







Strawberry Fields Forever.

Memorial for John Lennon.

Most unflattering picture!  John Lennon's apartment building behind me.




Turtle Pond










My favorite picture of the day.  My baby girl as relaxed as can be!

Showing John the campus.













3 comments:

  1. Oh, and I've always wanted to see the outside of the "Friends" apartment building and get Frozen Hot Chocolate at "Serendipity" in NYC. Those are 2 must dos when I come out to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Cari I'm so jealous!! I love NY and am green with envy! It's not exactly in NYC but I've always wanted to ride the Jitney to the Hamptons and spend a week in a beach house with friends. (It's on sex and the city and a million movies.) How fun. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete